ME

ME

Friday, October 07, 2005

Strength in Weakness

Having spent some 12 to 13 hours in bed, at least 11 of them (even allowing for spasmodic interruptions) sleeping, it was still a struggle to raise myself from the duvet’s encumbrance. The fact that only a dull grey day revealed itself, from behind the curtain, may have contributed a little to the sustained bed-rest. I was evidently “burning-up” (my beloved’s description) for a fair bit of my rest time but, that’s not at all unusual.

Getting out of bed, and dressed, required a major effort of will! Having motivated myself, for this heroic deed, I have to admit that sleep has yet to prove itself a source of refreshment!

My first exertion of the day was to check my e-mails and, subsequently, rattle out “Caiman – came and went” in the guise of my alter-ego Heterocon. Whilst posting a response to an e-mail on a commerce website, the ‘phone rang and quickly demonstrated that even the most minor application of ‘multi-tasking’ is beyond the remit of my physical and emotional stamina. Concentration was impossible on either the website or the ‘phone call.

Still, I soldier on, in the sure and certain knowledge that I am loved in the most important quarters (e.g. ma belle Helene & JC), despite my frail and vulnerable flesh. In love, I am strong.

No comments: