ME

ME

Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Lost Golden Age

Since my emergence from the bedroom, for a quick nicotine fix, some forty minutes ago, I've been on-line without absorbing any of the contents of the web-pages I've been viewing. Such is my state of wakefulness. It really is hard to get used to the amount of rest my mind & body seems to require these days.

The, none too distant, past seems like a golden age; there was a time when I could plan ahead, set myself targets, lead a quite full social life and, still have energy remaining for whatever unforeseen tasks should arise. At present, even on a good day, any task requires me to strike while the iron's hot as, ten minutes either way can make a whole world's difference as to my physical & emotional preparedness/ability to perform. The most frustrating aspect is not knowing, even one hour ahead, how I'm going to be fixed to cope with the task in hand.

Outside, the sky is still quite milky but hints at a little more brightness than the past few days. Hope my spirits & stamina can respond in an appropriate way.

No comments: