ME

ME

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Appointed Time

Struggled manfully, albeit sleepily, from my bed this morning, ready for the 9.00am visit by my physio. Unfortunately she was unable to keep the appointment as they were so short staffed at the hospital; still, I suppose the early rising discipline may stand me in good stead at some future date!

This afternoon, I kept my appointment with the practice nurse to discuss assistance in quitting smoking but, the first suggested start date for my ‘effort’ coincided with the day work starts on our bathroom refurbishment. Not a good idea! A prescription has been issued for nicotine patches but, the start date will now be 1sr November. I have a bit of reading up to do, in order to plan my strategy …. and, a little voice keeps saying, “is it really such a good idea? You know how much harm quitting caused last rime!”

Last time I relied solely on will-power and, the ‘mental’ ill-effects were accompanied by inexplicable physical ailments. Months later, when I reverted to the habit, physical and mental symptoms were swiftly healed. I really must clarify my reasons for quitting and, discover what the trigger points may be for quitting quitting! One certain factor is to hide my eyes and ears from any media coverage of National No Smoking Day … guess which word the susceptible mind latches on to.

No comments: