ME

ME

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Touch of Nostalgia

Nostalgia is everywhere these days; still recovering from the recent Dylan Fest, I'm currently relishing, and simultaneously recording to DVD, the CREAM Re-union concert (BBC4). It's a small miracle the Re-union concerts ever occurred.

Before Cream were thought of, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker on occasion played 'Klook's Kleek' (The Railway Hotel, West Hampstead) as members of the Graham Bond Organization ... and, lucky me, I lived (literally) within earshot on Broadhurst Gardens, but I still went in. Travelled up West a bit to see Clapton with The Yardbirds at the Marquee too, never really rated them nor the moddy environment.

To be young and living in The Smoke in those halcyon days ... sadly I was, on occasion, too wrecked to optimise the experience but, had I not been wrecked ... well that would would perhaps mean I missed it all anyhow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You know what; I lived through it in complete oblivion; new preacher, hot for the ministry. three baby boys plus my blessed wife. Making ends me. A pretty straight road it was.

We admired - and deplored the sixties. Questioning authority, yeah! I'm doing it more avidly today than ever before. Only because my mind is larger-- growing, thank God.

Life becomes more beautiful, day by day. I'm blessed with somewhat better health than you apparently. I much admire your ability to remain positive re your ailments.

Cheers, as they say.