ME

ME

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Grating Anticipations

Today is the day for the new lower ceiling to be installed in the bathroom and, already I’ve had an extremely restless night in anticipation of the disruption. It will also be the day when the new bath is installed. It’s just as well we have a washbasin in the front bedroom as the bathroom is currently sans such a utility.

I have every faith in the workmen performing the transformation; the major problem is my current inability to cope with any changes to my ‘familiar’ environment. Never thought there would come a day when I became Malcolm the conservative!

I know at some point the electricity, as well as the water, will have to be turned off so it’s pretty much a case of “gather ye rosebuds while ye may”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Malcolm,

Know how you feel. I hate any kind of disruption to my familiar surroundings. We recently had a new kitchen fitted in our 2up2down York terrace. There was nowhere to escape to !

Hope it all goes well

Martyn