ME

ME

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Something of a quandary

A lot of the time I have to resort to PPI's to quell my gastric reflux problems but then, on occasion I find it necessary to take anti-inflammatories to deal with various muscular and joint pains. Whilst the anti-inflammatories can at times be effective, an unfortunate side-effect is to cause further gastric problems.

Reflux can be a major contributor to sleep disruption but, then again, so can muscular aches and pains. I don't think it's a difficult balance to maintain ... simply impossible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah reflux! My prilosec miraculously cured it, I thought. Well the acid is gone; I've stopped worrying about my esophagus; but reflux, oh, yes, more and more. The esophagus has become just a gut-- no lower esophageal sphincter left.

Oh well at 80 (coming up in a few months) I can worry about another disease or so year by year.

Thanks to you kind attention to my blog; we have much in common.