ME

ME

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Normal Service May Be Resumed ... One Day!

My genial (?) disposition is beginning to wear a bit thin and, I’ve not yet hit the start date for my quitting smoking regime. The house is currently without a bath or shower and, the bathroom is still sans washbasin. That old bugbear ‘fatigue’ is walloping me with a vengeance, even after a good night’s sleep last night.

The tiling of the bathroom had to be called off, with the workmen’s sudden realization that the walls required a little more plaster! Unlike my better half, I don’t have the energy reserves to have, or even to contemplate having, an all-over wash at the washbasin in the front bedroom midst the upheaval's extraneous clutter.

Everything seems to be out of kilter; with my great-niece’s first birthday coming up this weekend we couldn’t even find one of my two address books to post off her special birthday card. My beloved managed to find one of them after a stressful search through our combi-clutter.

Perhaps some of the stress will ease a little when we once more have a functioning bathroom! The last couple of years have seen the addition of Warm Roof insulation and the consequent moving of the trapdoor, floor and storage units installed in the loft, a complete new dampcourse and subsequent redecoration of the main ground floor rooms. The hallway and kitchen still display their proud dampcourse wounds, some eighteen months after they were perpetrated. A new pond was also installed in the garden.

Perhaps one day normality will return but, energy reserves ... well, that’s a different matter.

No comments: