ME

ME

Saturday, October 08, 2005

They Also Serve

After a somewhat earlier, but bleary-eyed, start to the day, eventually recovered my composure sufficiently to remember the pond fishes lunchtime feed. As I'd started my day with a 'grill-up', a bowl of Wheat Biscuit cereal served my lunchtime purposes and, this evening will be resorting to a microwaveable Indian meal.

Went out to get my flu-jab this afternoon and, quite amazingly was able to walk straight in and out. It's great when one chooses the right time of day, when it's an all-day walk-in surgery.

I've just prepared the gammon joint (for Sunday lunch) and put it in to roast, as well as parboiling the potatoes (lovingly peeled and diced by ma belle amoureuse) in ginger, garlic, turmeric and mixed herb infused water. They have just received a further sprinkling of garlic and herbs whilst still warm and, are becoming impatient to be popped into the roasting tin come tomorrow lunchtime. ["They also serve, who only stand and wait"!]

No comments: