ME

ME

Friday, October 14, 2005

A Day Of Changing Fortunes

A somewhat groggy start to the day, pretty well par for the course at present, was even accompanied by spasmodic excruciating back-ache, foreshadowed what in many respects was to prove a more positive day. As the mail box 'clunked' with delivery of 'PC Advisor' and some other hopeful mail, a video ordered from the US of A a mere 9 days ago also arrived! Another mail item was a message from the Health Authority, responding to a referral from my GP. It was good to know that all stops are now being pulled out.

This afternoon, Helen A (the physiotherapist) arrived to administer my first acupuncture treatment. As I relaxed, breathing slowly, I was reminded of days of yore when I practised meditation as I lay there 'watching' my breathing. Helen A thought that meditation could prove helpful and, said that if I got back into it so would she. This could prove mutually beneficial. Next Wednesday she will be administering a more intensive Acupuncture treatment. It's early days yet, for this treatment and, no promises can be made but, it is a welcome opportunity.

When Helen, ma belle amoureuse, arrived home she gently administered Ibuprofen gel to the pain afflicted area of my back. I later managed to prepare one of my special (fresh) Salmon savoury rice dishes, a delight to the palates of my beloved et moi.

No comments: