ME

ME

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Consuming Passions


The daylight hours have flown swiftly by on a day that has been much better for me. Oh the joy at having some energy, it has been a rare treat to feel reasonably well for about nine hours. A brief visit to Rossett Nature Reserve was marred only by the fact that vandals had once more destroyed the (sturdy) handrail on the walkway across the wetlands. The time we were there, late afternoon, was just perfect ... the sun being at just the right angle to set off the slowly turning foliage.

The chicken casserole, prepared last afternoon, was most delicious; I had to persist in singing my own praises for a good ten minutes after consuming! Hints of mustard, white wine, paprika and ginger came through its creamy texture, a sensual delight!

Apart from the minor factor of love, Helen's capability as a cook helped me to decide (at a late age) that I was maybe ready to settle down. Little did I realize that, from my sad solitary microwaveable meals, I was soon to develop my current culinary expertise. Even on days when I have to force myself to slave over a hot stove, I can bask in this sense of creative achievement on an otherwise non-productive day.

Our friend, and surrogate son, Graham took the picture above of ma belle amoureuse et moi at the nature reserve.

No comments: