ME

ME

Monday, October 03, 2005

Telecommunications

My full emergence, from the night's repose, occurred somewhat reluctantly at around 9.20am. The morning rest was somewhat interrupted by the doorbell ringing at about 7.30am, summoning my beloved to recover a parcel from the doorstep. Despite the disruption, we are still pleased with the prompt delivery of Helen's new mobile 'phone from Amazon, so yours truly quickly transferred the SIM from her antique machine and, inserted the battery after a slight problem discovering how to open the battery compartment. We haven't had mobile telephonic machines before, where the SIM goes in a separate section rather than under the battery.

Only one telephone call has disrupted my morning ... "Hi this is .... of Holiday rewards ...", at which point I bellow to the (presumed) recorded voice .."stupid American cow ...!". I despise cold-calling whether in person or telephonically and, I think that the organizers of such sales tactics should be locked up for life and subjected to a barrage of nuisance calls twenty-four hours a day!

My irritation doesn't last for long, even though the only thing I want from the Americans is the withdrawal of their forces of occupation from the UK!

No comments: