ME

ME

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

An Evening On My Ownsome

My beloved, on return from the hospital, cleared away the grassy residue from the lawn and, whilst in the garden gathered up a few wind-fall apples and, a generous amount of blackberries from the brambles which are colonizing swathes of the garden.

So that's one less task for me; the only other 'gardening' I did was to re-pot an Aloe Vera, taking care not to destroy the fresh outgrowths from its root system. It's really quite amazing, all the plants we've grown from the puny specimen my wife brought home a few months back. Must have inherited the 'green-fingers' from mum!

As Helen has gone out to her local preachers meeting, and Graham (who usually visits on Wednesday evenings) is out commiting acts of charity, I find myself all on my ownsome. There was a time, non-too-distant, when I revelled in my own company of an evening but, a blissful marriage has changed all that: it's sure got a lot to answer for!

Still, I'm enjoying a bit of surfing
(web-wise not marine) and the accompaniment of old fashioned steam radio; it takes one back.

Since I began this blog posting, I've had a couple of 'phone calls, one from Beth making arrangements for seeing her Mum (Helen) tomorrow and, the other call from my brother for a more general chat. Oh, what a busy life we lead!

No comments: