ME

ME

Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Sense of Achievement

Today's achievement. I actually managed to get out to a social function this evening, where I remained for over an hour; I can hardly remember when it was I last managed this degree of emotional stamina.

The occasion was a Private View, at Harrogate's Mercer Art Gallery, of 'Songlines: Contemporary Aboriginal Art' and, 'Re-Invisible World: New Work by Christopher P. Wood. I was pleasantly surprised by the way the latter work gelled with the Aboriginal Art. Although there is something quintessentially English about Wood's work, a new feature of tracks through, and a sense of Spirits in the landscape, reflected an antipodean influence. Very much a sense of place.

It was also a good opportunity to renew contact with some old acquaintances and friends.

No comments: