ME

ME

Monday, September 12, 2005

My Lost Years

This morning, two health related pieces of mail fell on the doormat. Opened the first one, from my GP's practice, headed INFLUENZA IMMUNIZATIONS: AUTUMN 2005, which invited me to receive the immunisation this autumn. The letter continued by stating that "it is now recommended each year for everyone aged 65 years or older". A quick bit of mental arithmetic disclosed that I was only 61 years of age so, had I slept longer than I suspected last night?

An accompanying page soon clarified the issue, it could be that my immune system isn't as effective as it should be ... that seems to be the primary contender for this honour, alongside throat problems.

The other health related epistle came from the Senior Physio (Mental Health) who will be calling to see me to assess "the fatigue and physical symptoms you are experiencing". Strange thing is, some of the physical symptoms have not beens as much in evidence since I came off the anti-depressants although, I'm not sure that there's any correlation between these two factors.

I've got to admit though, it was a relief to realize that I hadn't suddenly aged by four years. That's one less ailment to deal with!

No comments: