ME

ME

Saturday, January 14, 2006

An Active Day

After a slow emergence into day, quite leisurely until the ‘phone rang about 11.00am forcing me from my early morning stupor, I’ve managed to excel myself in terms of energy expenditure. Don’t get me wrong, excelling my normal levels is far from earning me an entry in the ‘Guinness Book of Records’. I actually feel quite proud of my achievement and, I’m trusting that I won’t have too heavy a toll to pay.

My beloved, before dashing off to a Coffee Morning, brought me a wonderful ‘breakfast in bed’ (bacon, black pudding and egg … takes some beating) and, whilst I was basking in the afterglow the disruptive ‘phone call came. The call was actually quite welcome, our surrogate son calling from his Midlands home, and he did apologize for getting me out of bed! The next few hours are lost to my memory; I probably did a bit of web browsing, which would be par for the course.

By about 3.30pm, suggested to ma belle that it might be nice to go out for a little walk and, this we duly did. On this occasion, the walk was of the moderately brisk, (slightly extended) brief variety. It did us good to notice how the afternoons are lengthening although, admittedly, on more overcast days the change is much less perceptible.

On our return home, I noticed that the net covering the pond had started to sag a bit so, the next minor task was to re-stretch it a little. That task done, it was time to clean out a blocked drain at the side of the house; by that task was done my halo really began to shine. Ten minutes after the completion of this task, decided to make a start on preparations for Sunday lunch and, as usual, this burst of ‘creativity’ proved most rewarding!

Tomorrow, Cathy joins us for lunch and, I know she relishes the prospect of devouring my latest creation.

This is the day the Lord has made and, I rejoice and am glad in it!

No comments: