ME

ME

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Shared Pleasures

My adored one, last evening, went out to share a pizza and potato wedges with her friend Hilary at an underheated Pizza Hut … it’s the company she goes for! Meanwhile, poor lonesome me was like little boy lost; having first watched ‘A Seaside Parish’ and the following programme about a headstone carver, quickly realized there was nothing I really fancied watching on the goggle box.

The strange thing is, for all the backlog of DVD’s to catch up on, I couldn’t quite apply myself to the procedure. DVD & Video viewing can never be a solitary procedure for me these days; I would so miss the pre-emptive laughter and suspense (even the commentaries) proffered by my beloved. Part of the pleasure, the entertainment even, is the amazing gusto of appreciation that emanates from ma belle amoureuse. The contribution of these idiosyncratic responses is definitely on a par with those of l’auteur him/herself!

No comments: