ME

ME

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Reporting for duty

Having ventured out for an early morning meeting at the Health Centre, I feel just about ready for my second snooze of the day. At least I now have the sense of achievement attached to having kept that appointment! The meeting proved much more satisfactory than I had anticipated.

At lunchtime the casserole, prepared on Saturday, made a welcome return to the oven and the dining table. The extra ‘standing day’ seems to enhance the flavour of an already enticing dish.

Post lunch, I retired to a cosily supporting fireside chair, legs elevated on an appropriate support stool whilst I listened, half attentively, to an excellent afternoon play on Radio 4. The ‘half’ attention was due to my state of exhaustion rather than the drama’s calibre.

In retrospect, I’m quite surprised just how (reasonably) alert I had been during the morning’s meeting. Despite the shockingly early (by my standards) start to the day, I still find it easy to say “I rejoice and am glad in this day the Lord has made”.

No comments: