ME

ME

Monday, January 30, 2006

"In Everything Give Thanks"

It really feels quite strange, sat bolt upright in front of the keyboard, head tilted slightly back as if I’m rearing away from the LCD. This is actually the most comfortable position, at the moment, as it alleviates the throbbing spasm in the right side of the neck. At least I know, or hope its knowledge and not just wishful thinking, that this phase will soon pass; apart from being one of the stiff-necked people I feel pretty alert (or is it the neck spasm that’s keeping me alert?).

Anyway, rather than bemoaning these little upsets, I think it’s time that I remembered to give thanks for:

Love and care shown by ma belle amoureuse, friends and family
The opportunity, yesterday, to help someone by setting up some programmes on her laptop computer
The glorious red sky that I’ve just observed
The (partial) restoration of my appetite for food
Last nights ‘Child Of Our Time’ [BBC1]
The Afternoon Play on Radio 4
A roof over my head
The kind comments left recently on Heterocon’s blog

Come to think of it, I really am quite privileged!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the ticket, Mal. I know you have a lot to contend with, and you have no chance without the Lord's help.

I've been reading a great book in this vein, recommended to me at a Quaker Gathering by a close friend. It's called Gilead, a fairly recent best seller over here, author: Marilynne Robinson. I'm laughing and crying my way through it.

Endure, old friend, and give thanks; that helps.