ME

ME

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Malcolm's Food and Spilt Drink Column

Following upon the remarkable success of last night's ginger & paprika dressed Chicken in a honey, mustard & garlic casserole, I found myself today in something of a quandary.

I had hoped that the second dish of casserole would see us right for Sunday lunch; I was somewhat dispirited (though at the same time flattered!) that this reserve casserole had diminished somewhat.

Quite a quandary you must admit. The solution .... shallow boil some diced potatoes, the water heavily seasoned with Coriander, Garam Masala, and Garlic; add this to the casserole residue along with some chopped chillies and crushed garlic, slosh it around in a well-oiled pre-heated Wok and ... hey presto ... serve with a lovingly prepared saffron rice. Easy when you know how, not too difficult when I don't.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Helen's sister Fran, who called over to visit us today, was savaged by a Wild Yorkshire Parasol outside of the local Brewer's Fayre, thereby re-distributing a potentially refreshing glass of 'Stella'. Unfortunately, I was at home slaving over a hot keyboard so I have to rely on the eyewitness accounts of my beloved.

Will we be hearing more of these attacks should the sunshine persist?

No comments: