ME

ME

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The slightest twinge finds its place in the cosmos

After yesterday's nature trek, and subsequent work of pond maintenance, this afternoon and early evening has produced the reward. To be honest, the pond maintenance plays a bigger role in todays reward than the pleasure trek.

Today, I have aches in muscles and joints of whose existence I have been (and to some extent remain) sceptical. The ache at the base of the neck I understand, the spasmodically sharp pain (apparently) in the middle of the shoulder blade proves a bit trickier! The pain in both shoulders I can once again relate, albeit only in part, to yesterdays exertions but; a kind of floppy dull giddy ache in the ankles is hard to apportion cause to.

Knee joints seem to have a recurring pattern of dull aches, that's simply (or should that read 'complexly') me! Sweeping waves of tiredness, sometimes appearing quite out of the blue, are tiringly becoming pretty much the norm as are the sudden switches of the bodies thermostat.

If I was quite simply a machine, even a robot, I guarantee the most dilligent technicians would have their work cut out! But, thank God, I'm not a machine. I'm a human being who still enjoys a laugh, a drink, affection (both shown and showing), sex as pure delight even if rather exhausting. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm such a wonderful warm and loving human being, I'd be giving up in total despair! [ Meantime I can't avoid the odd bit of despair, more over social than personal issues, just as I can't help wondering at the immeasurable vastness of space allowing room, for a little clod of clay like Planet Earth, to produce such amazing diversity.]

No comments: