ME

ME

Monday, June 27, 2005

The Pleasure of Good Company

Amazing, the boost to one's morale that arises from the company of special friends. Had a good lie-in on Sunday morning, ma belle amoureuse reluctant to disturb me as she readied herself for chapel! Even after getting myself mobile, took things very easily. Helen collected our friends, Peter and Pamela, from the West Park at 1.30 pm and, it proved such a pleasure to be in their company.

We enjoyed a little Pignoletto Frizzante aperitif before lunch, one of my preparations that I've not had time to give a name to. [It was excellent anyway, that's what matters]. A bottle of Villa Maria Chardonnay, East Coast NZ, 2002 coped well with the barrage of flavours. For dessert, ma belle amoureuse presented us with her very special sticky toffee pudding.

After our friends departed, we spent a little time in the garden, myself reclining beside the pond - only to be accidentally mauled by Sapphire (a gorgeous Burmese Chinchilla X cat) who woke me with a start, and herself was duly startled, managing to leave two residual scratches perilously close to the groin region. Helen, who had been pottering about nearby, had been oblivious to Sapphire's presence in the garden until my sudden start!

Later evening, we became quite engrossed in an episode of Midsommer Murders that we had missed on first showing, before checking out the Glastonbury coverage on various BBC channels. Coverage has just returned to 'Basement Jaxx' who Heterocon seemed quite enthused by.

These last two days, our friends visit has brought me more relaxation than I've experienced for some time. Thanks to The Oxcliffe Fox.

No comments: