ME

ME

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

PONDering the passing day

The aches and pains in the shoulder area (reported yesterday) continued on into the night, so much so that, somewhere around 2.00AM, I had to seek out my shoulder support strap in an attempt to ease the discomfort. Of course, the thermal qualities of the shoulder strap/support proved a bit of a liability, when I'm already sleeping sans vĂȘtements under a maximum of one bedsheet because of the cloying heat!

Surprisingly, the shoulder reinforcement did alleviate some of the distress. Further shifting aches persisted, however, in calf muscles, ankles, upper arms and, only in the most unusual of bedroom postures was I finally able to rest. It is not really my disposition to be strapped down in the bedroom [ nudge nudge, wink wink ...] but, I'm just starting to wonder if that might not prove beneficial.

Once again, although sunshine is considered an anti-depressant, it's accompaniment of cloying humidity soon displaces the 'anti'! The garden cries out for work to be done but, at the moment I have an additional excuse (apart from my general malaise) for not facing up to the tasks. The excuse, sorry I meant to say reason, is the anticipated arrival of a tradesman to sort out our pond-pump woes and, of course, he wouldn't expect one to be out in the garden ... the abode of the aforementioned pond-pump ... would he?

No comments: