ME

ME

Friday, April 22, 2005

From Fillings To Killings

At least yesterday's visit to the dentist sparked off a new insight/ hypothesis, a silver lining to the grey pigs ear! For this wonderful insight see item "HEALTH QUIRKS" on 'Broad Thoughts from Heterocon'.

Today is another sunshiny episode in my life and, I have enjoyed the luxury of a more relaxed start to proceedings. It was good to receive a 'phone call this morning from Cathy, currently in Melbourne having moved on from Thailand; she still has a bit more travelling to do before returning home to settle down, for a while, with her boyfriend Ken back in blighty.

The six weeks appointment with ENT, which had been arranged for seven and then re-arranged for nine weeks [see entry for 13 April "Curses and Blessings"] will now take place at the beginning of July. Partly a problem of my own (health) making as I couldn't face up to the extra travelling involved to go to the sub-station, the earliest date available at the local (main) hospital is July.

It really is difficult to plan ahead; I have a tendency to go on impulse within my neurotically/physiologically imposed limitations. Superficially I appear quite fit, only a deeper reality prevents me from being a Super-Hero-Action-Man! But then I may even think that slaughtering people in the name of democracy is in keeping with the Gospel of Christ.

How on earth I made the leap from dental inspired health hypothesis to the illegal war in Iraq, my old mate YHWH alone knows. Anyways, must go and look at the sunshine .. be back soon.

No comments: