ME

ME

Friday, April 15, 2005

Not All's Dull Grey

Just trying to think on the hoof as the background radio reverbs to the "smarm, smarm ... squirm, squirm ..." of his holiness Tony Blair being interviewed by Jeremy Grapeplant. Despite the implicit smirk in his tone of voice, somehow the man manages to sound sincere at times. Much as New Labour have betrayed the true Labour legacy, for some inexplicable reason, I can't help feeling moderately safer under them than I would do under the Tories who dare to own that name!

The only viable alternative to the heirs of Thatcher (both New Labour and Conservative) are the Liberal Democrats.

Well, that's enough of politics ... no matter that we never can escape it, we all want food on the table and a roof over our head; some of us even desire that for everyone ... but, at least we can drop the party politicking!

*********************

A dull grey day fails to reflect my slightly brighter temperament today; maybe I should start to question some aspects of SAD theory! Even yesterday, the rain descending heavily and vertically much of the time, failed to wreck my modest contentment. All it needs now is a restoration of my energy levels to those of three years ago and, I could even contemplate going away on holiday! That would be a major advance.

"In everything give thanks"

No comments: