ME

ME

Monday, August 08, 2005

A Brighter Prospect

Last night I started, after a mid-evening snooze, to have all the signs of an imminent streaming cold. I actually greeted that prospect with rather ambivalent feelings as, for the past 10 days or so I'd had sore, occasionally reddening, eyes and a by now habitual wonky throat. Anyway, I decided to have a nice late-night drink of ginger & lemon, together with my 500mg VitC and a couple of paracetamol, in the hope of "sweating it out".

This morning there was no sign of a cold developing and, for a welcome change, I felt rather more alert than of late! One Swallow doesn't make a Summer but, it's usually a welcome sign; just stretch myself gradually!

Decided to have a go at mowing the lawn, a task long overdue ... especially to clear a way through the mini-wildlife meadow section; this was certainly a task that got the perspiration going, especially scalp-wise. The sun, each time it came out of hiding, was more than my polished pate could take so, I had to don a sunhat; the sunhat ,in it's turn, created a mini steam room on the top of my head.

I carefully showed Helen how to adjust the cutting level of the mower, just in case I couldn't manage but, I am pleased to report that I finished the course with honour and, an urgent requirement to sit down and rest my weary limbs!

No comments: