ME

ME

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Perhaps ...

Is it because it's Sunday and, my beloved has recently returned from Church, or is it the reminder of life's fragility that the Hiroshima anniversary has brought home once more, that has me (out of the blue) quite joyously meditating on the eternal now! Of a sudden, I feel prompted to re-engage myself with the writings of Paul Tillich; not the convulted Systematic Theology, in whose lair I have spent many happy weeks and months whilst youth was still on my side but, rather the sermons and shorter studies with which I may once again be able to educate my current limited powers of concentration.

On my life's journey, there have been many significant literary/philosophical/theological encounters, that have served to enrich and enliven all subsequent experience .... Heidegger, Kierkegaard, Marx, Bultmann, Wittgenstein, Moltmann, Sartre, Camus, Dostoevsky ... many names invade and evade my consciousness at this moment but, words and ideas have always been a cause for great excitement. Perhaps, I can train my limited concentration once more to lead me back into that ecstatic discovery of diverse understandings of the same reality!

No comments: