ME

ME

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Not One Of My Better Days

Well, I managed to force myself out of bed a little bit earlier and, I haven't felt right since! Afraid it's one of my "pale" days; if I was a dog my nose would be dry and my tail down between my legs. Ruby's visit has been postponed until a bit later in the day, she's sound asleep at the hotel at present; perhaps the delay is a godsend, as I may feel a little more awake when the visitors arrive than would have been the case earlier.

Popped into town to settle a credit card bill this morning but HSBC, with whom I have an account, have no human counter-presence on a Saturday and, Halifax, with whom we also have accounts and, which is part of the same banking group (Halifax Bank Of Scotland) as my credit card company (Bank Of Scotland) don't accept these payments. Got to admit, I voted against their becoming a bank but, it seems that as a bank they're far from fully fledged!

The certain fact is that none of the banks give a toss about their customers, their one aim in life is to pay their directors exorbitant salaries!

No comments: