ME

ME

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A House In The Country

A large house beckons me; on entering I find myself part of a ceremony but, I'm not sure whether it's a wake or a wedding breakfast. Someone dressed in clerical garb offers to take my coat and I decline the invitation.

After a short time of general tittle-tattle, we are summoned to be seated. I'm still puzzled as to why I'm here but, at least there's a meal in it, or is there? Several clergy seem to be lining up to deliver their little homily's and suddenly the general tittle-tattle recommences. Around me the conversation turns to a wonderful range of furniture; "it's all in black and white", says one, "they designed it for the blind institute". It suddenly falls into place, the makers are none other than a young missionary couple I knew in more youthful times.

I need to stretch my legs and, on doing so enter a TV lounge. Alex Parks is singing so, I turn to one of the clerical throng and ask wheteher her staunch lesbian appeal will help sales of her new album ... if it ever appears. He grudgingly acknowledges that it will and, then reminds me of business to attend to.

I return to the great hall and, seem to have missed the meal's first course but, it's geetting late and I'm feeling weary. Get up from the table once more, open the door and, wham the hinges have become detatched and I hurtle into a nearby ditch, door in hand so as to prevent some major cataclysm.

Where am I going? Your guess is as good as mine; you've just been visiting my dream and so have I!

No comments: