ME

ME

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

More diagnostics

With much prompting and organizing from my beloved, visited the doctor's surgery this afternoon with regard to my inexplicably swollen & painful thumb and, the persistent sores on my leg. Tomorrow, I have to visit the hospital for an X-Ray of my thumb and some further blood tests. The cause of the thumb problem is unknown and, the sores on my lower limbs are either Discoid Eczema or Bowens Disease. At the moment she has prescribed some stronger steroidal cream, which should clear the patches up if it's eczema, otherwise Bowens is definitely in the equation. I'm hoping and praying that the eczema diagnosis is the correct one. I have a return appointment with this particular doctor in two weeks time.

Visits to the hospital are becoming, pretty much, an all too regular part of my life but, it does make me grateful that we have a National Health Service, rather than a totally market-based one. At times like this, one learns to appreciate what can so easily be taken for granted!

No comments: