ME

ME

Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Compliment Returned

Some 45 minutes ago, I started my evening blog only to find when I attempted to publish I encountered the fabled "cannot find server" screen. This time I was attempting the posting on the wired PC. Four hours ago, I attempted the same thing on my laptop ... this time wireless and the same thing happened! Perhaps there's a problem with the new router but, as you can imagine, by this time I'm feeling rather peeved having totally LOST two postings.

It really is rather ironic considering that, in both cases, I'd been describing what a good day it had been. Started the day on a positive note, after a non too early arising, even managed a trip into town for a couple of monetary transactions. It's not really that often, these days, that I can be such an intrepid adventurer!

M. came around this afternoon and finalized the wireless network set up but, now I'm waiting to see just how efficacious the move to wireless has been! (Current problems affecting both "wired" and "wireless" machines !) Anyway, I'll take some of those misgivings back if this posting works.

This evening Helen and I settled down to watch "Beetlejuice", I'd forgotten just how brilliantly entertaining this movie was! The viewing was aided by a bottle of smooth and plummy "Los Robles Carmenere", Curico, Chile 2003. The fact that this wine is produced for Traidcraft (Fair Trade), added an extra nuance to our appreciation!

We watched part of the programme (BBC1) examining the Mafia links of "Ol' Blue Eyes" and, I also remembered to set the video to record Sinatra's 1970 Royal Albert Hall Concert (BBC4).

Helen's head hit the pillow about one hour ago and, as is her great gift, immediately entered the land of dreams. No matter how exhausted I may be, or have been, the Sandman always delays his visit.

Anyway, I'd best forget my earlier moans, they go totally against the general tenor of the day. This was a good day, and I rejoiced and was glad in it ... well, most of the time! I started the day on a positive note (as recorded by Heterocon) and the day strove to repay the compliment.

No comments: