ME

ME

Friday, August 05, 2005

Some palatable truths

Well, Mahmood called around with Beth again this evening and re-installed the wireless network and, hoping I'm not tempting providence, it's working OK now! I've got to admit though, what with the return of my various aches and pains, it has proved a little stressful. The old chicken and egg conundrum comes to mind; do the aches and pains intensify the stress level or, was it subliminal stress restored the muscular and joint discomfort.

God moves in a mysterious way ... 'tis oft said but, if you ask me, I sometimes feel there's nowt so queer as technology!

My wrist supports provided a reasonable degree of comfort during the evening, together with my shoulder holster ... sorry support was the word I was looking for ... although I had to remove them to prepare the evening meal. Tonight's special was a Trout, Peppers, Mushroom and tomatoes Savory Rice dish. As I'd substituted corn chips for a normal lunch, I was certainly more than ready for this meal.

It's really quite amazing how Helen has become so fond of Fish, and the occasional really spicy dish, as neither had featured in her diet before she had the misfortune of becoming entangled with me. Even stranger is the fact that I never really bothered to cook before I married Helen but, now I find it a natural extension of my creativity! To be honest, I often used to wish that we could just take a pill, instead of allowing eating to get in the way of one's more important pursuits. A gradual change occurred when I developed a taste for haute cuisine as a marked contrast to the, bread supplemented, ready-meals that had become a regular pattern.

Nowadays, my beloved finds it hard to find a restaurant that can compare favourably to my culinary delights! Unfortunately, it is all too rare an occasion that I feel I can cope with dining out.

Anyway, I trust that you can see a degree of uplift in my spirits; this is the day the Lord has made and, I rejoice and am glad in it!

No comments: