ME

ME

Thursday, August 18, 2005

An Evening of Lows and Highs

Shortly after my previous entry, decided I should make the effort to go and see The Nightjars but, it was doomed to failure. We eventually found a parking space within a few minutes walk of the pub. On arrival there, we saw Lisa (from the group) and, Beth and Mahmood. The venue was pretty crowded but, Lisa told us that they'd be on in fifteen minutes. Took a drink to a table outside but then, wham everything started swimming and that intense 'pale' feeling overwhelmed me; it was hard to keep any focus and I seemed to fluctuate between feeling hot and cold. So, that was the end of the effort, I had become noticeably pale and shaky ; Helen brought the car around and we headed back home. Was it simply that I can't cope with crowds at the moment; whatever is the case, it definitely had a marked physiological response.

Once we got home and, I got settled down again, we decided to watch 'Donnie Darko' which I thought we had on video and, I had noticed on Pewari’s Prattle for 10 August ‘05 that it was the kind of movie we would enjoy!

Picked up the E180 VHS video, clearly marked Donnie Darko, only to find I'd only recorded the first twenty minutes at the end of the tape! My concentration seems to be be completely shot. However, on running the tape back, I rediscovered 'Hiroshima Mon Amour' which I'd recorded a couple of weeks back and then lost before we got around to viewing it! Last week I'd searched high and low to find this movie; that quest proved totally unsuccesful. Lack of concentration is becoming a major problem when it comes to, rewinding, indexing and labelling of videos; I'd already realized that I'm unable to concentrate sufficiently to read a book, hence my intense random browsing habit.

I look forward now, to viewing HMA in the near future and, I'll treasure the experience far more realizing how close I'd come to taping over it.

The evening was redeemed for us by watching a DVD of 'Monkey Business', classic screwball comedy which kept us highly amused!

No comments: