ME

ME

Friday, August 26, 2005

English Usage

Having realized that the Compose (Rich Text Editor) feature was not functioning in Blogger today, I contacted Support regarding this. In their reply they acknowledged that anyone using languages other than English was unable to access these features at present.

Being English by birth and residence and, using the English language, I was somewhat bemused by this response but, they were courteous enough to link me to a page where I could (temporarily) change my language to English. On following this link, I immediately saw the cause of my puzzlement; the language selected for me was English (UK) and, it was necessary to check the top button simply labelled English.

Is this yet another example of US Imperialism; their language is English whereas that of the Brits is apparently a secondary derivative – English (UK)!

No comments: