ME

ME

Monday, August 22, 2005

A Televisual Lure

After a Pasta meal, settled down with my beloved to watch Agatha Christie’s Poirot : The Double Clue (ITV3), a quite enchanting episode in which it seems Poirot has found love. What he has in fact found is a kindred spirit on the other side of the law. David Suchet is always a very convincing Poirot, in almost the same way Jeremy Brett is Sherlock Holmes.

I am currently watching, and recording, The Masque Of The Red Death (BBC4) some 40 years after I last saw it at a cinema near Maida Vale. My beloved was also enjoying this film but, overcome with tiredness, she has now retired for the night. It’s just as well I’m recording the film really!

Were it not for the ‘digi-box’ neither of tonight’s televisual treats would have been available …I trust this brief plug has significance for The Oxcliffe Fox!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Old Fox stands suitably admionished.