ME

ME

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sunshine and Hospitals and ....

So far this has been yet another of my better days; it must be tied in to visiting the psychiatrist! The good news is that he's halved the dose of Mirtazapine for one week only, after that he'll check how I manage without any medication and, I see him again in six weeks time. He's also seeing about a referral to the physio/pain-management person who had read my blogs and, thought maybe she could help. Of course it had to be mentioned how much calmer I had become (on the temper front) since resuming smoking.

So appointed hospital visits are now for mid-september (trick-cyclist), end of September blood tests (liver function) and 7 November blood tests (multiple). I suppose someone's got to keep them in a job!

Suddenly the weather has turned rather hot again, I hope it knows when to stop, although, at the moment it's still rather pleasant in the breeze. Recent rain had topped up the garden pond sufficiently to withstand a few sunnier days. If somehow I can find it in my energy reserves, I may even get around to mowing the lawn as well as a little pottering about in the garden.

On returning from the hospital (with my beloved chauffeuse) we listened to a brilliant performance of Mussorgsky's "Pictures From An Exhibition" (the Ravel orchestration of course) by the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra ... what a wonderful brass section!

Got a little more work done on the laptop this morning, before preparing a curried pasta lunch (part reclamation plus Peppers, Mushrooms and Ham, a tin of tomatoes thrown in for added refreshment). It's possible I'll be back later in the day but, don't take it as a promise ... somehow obligation takes away the joy!

No comments: