ME

ME

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Pit Stop

Up bright and early this morning, well, 9.30AM is just that by my current standards. Already set off for the hospital by 10.00AM, accompanied by Helen, my beloved chauffeuse; it's certainly too far to walk in my current state of being.

First port of call was the X-Ray department; sat opposite us was a handcuffed young man with two burly prison officers. "I think he's perhaps a prisoner", Helen whispered sweetly. "More like a fetishist!", was my response. Anyway, it reminded me that it was about time we wrote to our friend Brian who's currently in the care of HMP Hull.

The first posture I had to adopt for my thumb X-Ray was straightforward enough, simply resting the offending digit on it's left hand side. Next came the jujitsu move; bend forward in the chair, twist arm backwards and to the side ... palm facing upwards. So much exercise and, it's not yet noon. Thank goodness I didn't have a frozen shoulder at the same time my thumb needed x-raying!

On from Radiology to the blood-letters, where by now I'm a familiar face (perhaps that should read "familiar arm"). Today's tests are Random Plasma Glucose, Full Blood Count, Plasma Vicosity and CRP, next month is the turn of Liver function etc., the following month Thyroid function etc. and, anything that may occur meantime.

No comments: