ME

ME

Sunday, July 24, 2005

And That's Another Day Of Rest

Fatigue was once again the keynote of my day, it certainly proved fitting for the day of rest! I had managed to raise myself from my bed before Helen returned from Chapel; her return served as a reminder that perhaps it was time to shower and get dressed.

The spicy herbed chicken dish, prepared last evening, exceeded expectations (and they are high enough). At least I can still manage to produce some culinary triumphs. Whilst dining, we listened again to "Songs For The New Millenium: Breaking The Chains", a 17 track CD produced for the Methodist Publishing House. The diversity of styles and influences, blues, soul, world music etc., together with it's themes of Peace, Faith, Hope and Justice, makes this, for me, one of the most refreshing praise and worship albums. After that, we listened to some of Steve Brookstein's "Heart & Soul" before Helen drove me down to PC World, for twenty minutes laptop browsing.

Enjoyed "Songs of Praise" before tea, although by that time I was struggling a little to keep my eyes open. We were both looking forward to the final instalment of "Donovan" at 9.00pm but, in the light of recent events, this had been postponed. In it's place an episode of "Midsommer Murders" (I believe it was called 'Death of A Hollow Man') was shown . We both enjoyed such a good laugh in this episode that it totally overcame my tiredness.

For the first time in the day, I am now starting to feel quite wide-awake.

No comments: