ME

ME

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Today the Sun has Shone

Last night, like so many of late, was not the most restful although, I felt a litle more refreshed on a relatively early emergence from duvet-dom. This proved to be a false alarm however, as by 11.00am I required a few minutes lie-down which swiftly turned into one and a half hours of sleep. I had just emerged from this surprise nap when Helen returned from having taken a service at one of the circuit chapels.

After lunch, one of my minced beef curry specials, I decided to visit Comet to do a bit more browsing. One of the laptops, which had been my earlier preference, had now been reduced in price by £80, so after my lengthy indecision process ... decided, yes this was the one. It was the display model and, another salesman came over to it whilst our salesman went to collect the packaging. Apparently, another person was on the phone at that point having just decided they would like it. How fortuitous was that, after all that earlier indecision, I only just managed to get the machine I wanted (a newly discontinued model!)

My beloved and myself have just been enjoying this week's edition of "Songs Of Praise" before Helen went out to the evening service at her local chapel. Must be a day for piety, taking a service and worshipping at another one; perhaps one day soon I'll have the resilience to participate in such worshipful endeavour!

No comments: