ME

ME

Monday, July 18, 2005

To sleep perchance to avoid snacking

Early afternoon found Heterocon feeling surprised that he was still reasonably alert, but, I have it on good authority (being the self-same person) that within ten minutes of that blog entry he was sound asleep, awakened only on Helen's return.

Next on the agenda, went out for a little walk; what should've taken about 15 minutes took closer to 30. Knee joints and ankle joints colluded to make the lifting of one's foot seem as if it was a violation of natural laws.

On return to the house, a collapse onto the sofa seemed to be in order; a postural faux pas if ever there was one! Now it's the small of my back, the right-shoulder, right elbow and right wrist joining the lower limbs conspiracy ... an ache, in time, creates nine (if you'll forgive the paraphrase).

An hour of television viewing disappeared from my consciousness but, I was still pleased to catch the last twenty minutes of 'Murder Investigation Team' ... it certainly looked as if it had been quite gripping, Helen was certainly held in thrall. In the moments when I was awake I seemed to be constantly stuffing my facial orifice with brazil nuts, crystallised ginger, cornchips and bananas. This increased appetite seems to be a quite recent phenomenon; the snacks were on top of a three-meal day.

Suddenly, I'm starting to feel more alert; if I sustain that thought perhaps it means that sleep is imminent!

No comments: