ME

ME

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Day's Bulletin

On emerging from a rather lengthy lie-in, quickly realised that it was going to be too hot to attempt one of my BBW's (brief brisk walks). From around 4.00 pm, it was nice to relax near the pond in the shade of a parasol & shrubbery. Around 6.30pm, actually tackled a modicum of gardening which at least provides some of the necessary exercise quotient. By the time I got back into the house my lower limbs were already feeling the strain, manifesting itself both in the leaden-ness of movement on the stairs and moderately sharp pain in each knee.

Further time on my feet was necessary, as I enjoyed preparations for tomorrows lunch. These days, I find cooking a wonderful creative outlet but, I must admit to not liking the heat of the kitchen.

Radio and TV news bulletins were, as expected full of the aftermath of Thursday's bombings; it must be horrendous for those people still awaiting news of friends and relatives. As my thoughts and prayers go out to all involved, I also remember all the suffering people in Iraq; the destroying or maiming of any human life is equally abhorrent no matter where, or who the perpetrators may be.

No comments: