ME

ME

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Days of Drowsiness

Emerged, from my slumbers, totally under-refreshed , somewhere between 11.ooam and Noon. Felt rather grateful that I'd already prepared the bulk of today's lunch last evening. The Madras type curry had simply to be popped in the oven before I prepared the Saffron rice. Meantime, a late breakfast was adequte to tide me over.

Straining, and rinsing, the prepared rice proved rather problematic as my wrist failed to take the strain of the saucepan. Helen swiftly came to the rescue, my Lady in shining armour. The heat of the day, once again, brought out the worst in my joint pains. An attempted post-lunch BBW became more of a VBSD (very brief slow drift) as, although the Sun was lost behind clouds, the atmosphere felt something like it must be in the heart of a compost bin.

If I can manage to keep awake, 'Songs Of Praise' sounds like it should be good this evening , centring on the Lord's Prayer! Later on ITV3 has one of Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes episodes, so alertness proving willing, I should enjoy that. Relaxation is such a wonderful thing but, not so rewarding when it imposes itself on one!

No comments: