ME

ME

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Interlude

Twenty minutes ago, my other persona, Heterocon, had to give up writing, doubled over in tear provoking discomfort. After this brief interlude, only the aches remain but, it's hard to ascertain whether the various supports or the painkillers are kicking in. I, myself, find it hard to believe that it's such a short time ago that I was in the throes of a screaming cringe-making intensity of pain.

Why can't life be simpler, how long do I have to scream before someone realizes I'm not just crying wolf! Anyway, I must be grateful that at least I can sit reasonably upright once more. At the moment, with Radio 3 playing in the background, I am the picture of contentment. I only hope that this content never turns to contempt.

Life is short, we should rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments: