ME

ME

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Extended sleep does not refreshment make

Emerged from my slumbers around 11.ooam, some 11 hours after entering duvet-dom. Although the sleep pattern was somewhat disturbed, my reckoning is that I managed at least nine hours of solid sleep. I would like to be able to report that I feel really refreshed but, sorry, no joy on that front.

A cooler, very breezy day is nonetheless welcome; it's truly amazing how much easier my knee and ankle joints felt when I popped out to the local shops a few minutes ago. Just had a quick check of my e-mail and, Yahoo had done a good job of sorting all the 'SPAM' into the bulk folder ... 33 items today, primarily offering bargain priced software ... 'premium' programmes at budget prices, how likely is that. There was a time when I felt the filtering was a bit too keen but, today all items really were spam.

I always find it better to delete 'Bulk' as and when I go into my mail account, that way it's easier to check whether any legitimate mail has been wrongly placed there!

After checking my mail, next port of call was PC Advisor to check out the news and the forums. There's always so much information one can pick up from other peoples computing problems and, there are some occasions when I do my own postings. It's really encouraging that so many people out there are prepared to freely offer help and advice!

So, that's my day so far and, I do gradually seem to be getting more alert. Perhaps the progress will continue.

No comments: