ME

ME

Friday, July 08, 2005

Excuses In Advance

Although, at times, the calf muscles felt more like sodden loo-rolls, once again managed to put in a slightly longer walk, this time to meet my beloved at the Acorn Centre. Other ailments include a severely aching right elbow, making it's presence far more obvious within the past twenty minutes or so.

But life tastes sweet and, I'm determined to make the most of it. Wonder of wonders, I even managed to arouse myself from my slumbers before 9.40AM. Is this a record? No ... not quite ... but I do feel quite righteous!

Maybe, if this 'improvement' keeps up, I'll soon be able to make use of my grandiosely named Studio and actually produce a few new paintings. It's bound to feel quite strange after concentrating recent efforts on computer graphics programmes. But ... you can hear the excuses creeping up on you ... if I get back to my painting perhaps the recent nudgings of the poetic muse will fade away. A muse is always hard to resist but, it is tempting at times to yell .. "get thee behind me!"

Strange, that I should already be preparing the excuses before the creativity has properly gotten under way. I look forward to reporting progress.

No comments: