ME

ME

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Hollow Day

Today was, in considerable parts, a day of hollowness; a kind of depression, in response to noticing all the tasks that I could be doing in the home and garden and yet, don't feel able to tackle. When one of these hollow days occurs, every slight hiccup to one's routine takes on a disproportionate weight.

When it comes to summing up this quite negative day however, it is the good things that come foremost in the mind, like the company of an adored and adoring wife. The usual light chores, which can be pleasures on a better day, seem to get done ... e.g. feeding the fish in both pond and aquarium, preparing dinner for Helen and myself ... but, the rest of the day is lost in a drift of resting and moping.

Mid-evening brought about an improvement in my mood, when I received (via e-mail) four more photos of my gorgeous great-niece. Her special smile is enough to drive away the blues. After that I seemed to manage to raise sufficient energy to watch a couple of episodes of CSI with my beloved.

No comments: