ME

ME

Friday, July 01, 2005

An Evening With Sinna Luvva

Mid-evening, went out for an SP [Slow Plod] which these days seem to have taken the place of the BBW's. Farewell brief brisk walks, welcome the geriatric crawl! In one sense, it's the effort that counts but, what does effort bring .... an even greater one.

A sharp pain in the left knee can be passed off as a "twinge" but, the sustained dull ache which began in the ankles, and then commandeered both shins, is not so easily shrugged off! Every step taken seemed to demand a re-anchoring of the feet but then, the leaden ache attacks the calf muscles. Oh, woe is me! The next attempt to raise the foot, sadly, seems to confirm that the foot was well and truly anchored down.

Such is the nature of my multiple, but varyingly specified, ailments. As Jolson once said "You ain't heard nothin' yet!". As I have no need to remind myself of my growing antiquity, I will spare you further irritating details of premature geriatric decline.

The day has witnessed many moments of enjoyment; time spent with my beloved is always such, as is the garden pond, with lily leaves unfurling and the flowers opening and closing according to the phases of the sun. Have just been watching, for the Nth time, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It never fails to entertain, escapism pure and simple. My initial intention was to transfer The Apartment to DVD but, after a false start, switched to the purer mode of escape!

No comments: